A conference on Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD)
and other prion diseases for:
CJD family members
People at increased risk of developing CJD
Health care professionals involved in patient care or infection prevention and control
Key speakers from overseas will provide information on the following topics:
- An overview of prion disease, clinical advancements towards treatments, diagnostic improvements and risk factors for CJD.
Our Australian experts and researchers will present on the follow topics:
- Surveillance in Australia, challenges and advancements with diagnostics and genetic testing options and a history spanning 25 years.
Our research teams will provide updates on current research work in Australia and acknowledge the tremendous support provided by families via the CJDSGN.
Personal stories from family members who know the difficult journey called CJD are a big part of the day and this year we add the experience of a family doctor and her whirlwind journey assisting a patient and her family.
The round table session during the afternoon will provide time for one on one discussions with our presenters.
FRIDAY 17th NOVEMBER, 2017
2.30pm- Genetic Family Meeting
This meeting is for genetic family members or those wanting to understand more about testing. A safe environment to ask questions and support each other.
SATURDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2017
8.30am – 5.00pm- All Day Conference
7.00pm- Conference Dinner
Accommodation is available for the conference at Jasper Hotel –
Deluxe Queen (room only) $145 per room per night.
You can book this special conference rate online by including the code CJD2017 or by calling the hotel on 03 83272777 and mentioning the code.
Room availability is limited so please book early.
Meet our most valued speakers
Please RSVP or purchase tickets here.
All Day Conference
- Free for CJDSGN members
- $60 for Healthcare Professionals (to cover catering)
- 3 Course Meal
- (Alcoholic drinks available for purchase)
Genetic Family Meeting (Fri 17th Nov)
- *Registration for family members affected by genetic CJD or other prion diseases and family members seeking advice on genetic testing.
check our 2016 Conference photos
- 489 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
- 03 83272777